Saturday 9 June 2012

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara - Very Black



I'm always buying new mascaras; I have at least 5 constantly on the go. I really love the volumizing mascaras that promise the "false lash" effect. So when I was on Facebook the other night, and an ad came to my computer about the newest Maybelline mascara, I had to give it a try.

Maybelline's Mega Plush mascara comes in a  bright blue (almost turquoise) tube with pinkish purple writing on it. It retails for about $8-$10 bucks (Canadian $). The store where I bought mine had a sale on it because it's a new product, so I scored mine for $4.99. yay! This mascara promises to make your lashes look voluminous without the clumpy, stiff look or feel. It's part of Maybelline's Volume Express line of mascara. It comes in waterproof and non-waterproof formulas. I bought the non-waterproof formula.

I have used the Volume Express line from Maybelline before, and it's pretty good. Not the best, but definitely not the worst. A good buy for a drug store brand. I was pretty excited to try this new mascara, cause I was curious to see how "plush" my lashes would feel.

I used it for the first time this morning, while getting ready for work. The brush is unique; it has a bendable wand, so that it can move more easily I guess depending which way you hold it with your hand. The spooly is made of rubber like fibers, that are supposed to catch every lash.

I'm the type of person who puts mascara on in multiple coats, so I really need a mascara that doesn't clump up. I put it on by wiggling it through my lashes repeatedly, until I feel like they look "volumized" enough. I wiggled the mascara through my lashes about 5 times on each eye, and did the bottom lashes once on each eye. The mascara didn't clump, and I didn't have to put it back into the tube to get more product on the wand. My lashes looked pretty volumized, and even now, 10 hours later, they feel soft and not stiff. I am fairly impressed with this mascara. It was a really great buy at $4.99, even at the $10 bucks it would be worth it. I have bought some mascaras that were much more expensive ($30) and they did not work this well. I am not sure how long the tube will last without drying out or clumping up, but I will try to keep track. Mascara should be thrown out every 3 months, however, as a general rule of thumb. I have been guilty of keeping mine for 6 months or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment