Sunday 10 June 2012

Rimmel London Glam'Eyes in Black Glamour


I am a huge fan of liquid eyeliners. I never leave the house without my Gwen Stefani Chola Girl style cat-eyes.  I have tried many different eyeliners, but this is the one I keep going back too.

This liner retails for about $8-$10 Canadian, and you can find Rimmel products at most drug stores, or Walmart. It is not waterproof, but it definitely lasts all day.

What I really like best about this liner is the tip. It doesn't have one of those stiff tips for writing, like those felt tip liners you see a lot on the market. The brush is made out of real bristles, and is very fine. This means you can draw your line as fine or as thick as you like it. You can even get really creative and draw little designs with this type of brush.

Using liquid eyeliner does take some practice. A few things I have learned that make it a bit easier for me when applying my own liner:
- Go slow. Don't try to do one long line. Instead, draw a little bit of the line, and if you feel shaky, stop. Pull the liner away from your eyes, and once you feel steady again, then keep going.
- Start at the middle of your eye. This is because when you first start drawing your line, the brush is usually full of product, making for a thicker line. Once you have used up a bit of the product, then you can use the brush on the inner corner of your eye, making a much finer line.
- Position your hand or even finger against your face, to steady yourself. This makes a huge difference.
- Use Q-tips or other cotton swabs to fix any little boo-boos you might make.
- Practice! Don't worry, nobody gets it perfect without practice. Make-up is made to play with!


My ratings for this liner:
* * * * * Cost: 5 out of 5 stars, definitely the best bang for your buck!
* * * * * Wear: 5 out of 5 stars, this liner lasts all day on my eyes, and I have oily eyelids.
* * * * * Ease of use: 4 out of 5 stars, definitely takes some practice, but once you've got it, you won't go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment